giovedì 19 febbraio 2015

Lovelorn Dolls Interview



LFdM is always ready to add in our bag new sound!
LOVELORN DOLLS is an endearing and cyber duo Ladyhell (lyrics, vocals, arrangements) and Corpus Christi (music, programming, guitars, production).

The last year they come with their second album: "Japaese Robot Invasion". An electro melodic rock concept with heavy guitars and catchy vocal lines.
We wanted to learn more...

Les Fleurs du Mal: Hi! Let's start telling us something about your band: how would you describe your sound to someone who never listened to your songs?
Ladyhell: Hi guys! Lovelorn Dolls is a mix of electro-pop-rock-dark sounds, with a female voice. A cross over between The Birthday Massacre, Depeche Mode, Marilyn Manson and many more influences from the 80s, the new wave, the gothic metal, ...
CC : it’s a mix of both influences.  We focus on melody, catchy song and heavy guitars.


LFdM: If you had to describe your new record to a totally profane listener, having the chance to choose just one song, which track would you pick up?

Ladyhell: Mmmm, very difficult, but I would pick up “Miss Friday Night”. Very poppy melody, with loads of synth, big guitar riffs, and angelic voice. 
CC: I agree with Ladyhell.  However if you listen to the whole album you will hear that we did not chose one song and copy/pasted it ten times.  You can expect some surprises.

LFdM:You are a dark rock band. Nowadays there are so many projects that belong to this genre, why does the dark/goth metal world seem to be so attractive in your opinion?
Ladyhell: Only today? Since I’m born, this kind of projects are very popular, but maybe they wear the name of “new wave” or “gothic”. I think we are the children of bands like Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Lacuna coil, Placebo, Evanescence, and more. It’s attractive because it’s a music with loads of sensitivity, humanity, atmosphere is very important. There’s a lot of sadness and irony too. Teenagers may recognize themselves a lot in it.

LFdM: Where does your fascination with the dark and electronic come from?
Ladyhell: I don’t know … it comes from 80s and 90’s MTV, it comes from Tim Burton’s movies .. I’ve always liked music that moved me, that made me literally cry. Dark electronic music gives you that.
CC: I’m a bit new to electronic.  I’m a guitarist so I can listen to dark music without any electro touch inside.  But now I really enjoy to use keyboards and synths.


LFdM: Did you have any other kinds of experience in the music field, like some former band before, or this is your first one?

Ladyhell: Of course. I’ve been the lead singer of the band Skeptical Minds for 5 years. We released the album “Rent To Kill” and we played big stages with Epica, Lacuna Coil, .. to name a few. Then I also worked on a solo project for some times. I also like to collaborate with other artists, like Psy’Aviah, Junksista …
CC: I’ve spent 12 years in a band called Free Launch then I wanted to do something on my own and created a “rock/metal opera”. Ladyhell was the first singer I asked to participate to this.  Then we continued as it seemed that it was easy to work together.  I’ve been a fan of Laydyhell when she was singing in Skeptical Minds. 

LFdM: Tell us something about the main sources of influence of your music?
Ladyhell: My musical tastes are pretty eclectic: Madonna, Nirvana, Placebo, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Gathering, Depeche Mode, Radiohead, Bat For Lashes ... Every music can influence me, as long as it is good and gives me the shiver. I want to be sent in another world for 5 minutes.
CC: I like heavy music but with melody inside.  It may vary from bands using simple riffs like in Rammstein to complex music like Dream Theater.

LFdM: Looking at the artwork of your album, one could find out something like little puzzle pieces, a gothic quarter, floating toys, a doll. What would you show to the audience? Soul, life, or simply... entertainment?
Ladyhell: We want to entertain, and make people have a good time. We want them to travel with us in a Japanese robot invasion …

LFdM:Your band needs clothes, accessories or something like that for the shows?
Ladyhell: Yep, on stage we wear special “lovelorn dolls” clothes. We pay special attention to look different on stage than in our everyday life. We think image is very important. As important as music.


LFdM: For us, Japan seems like a world of its own. What do attract you from the Japan world?

Ladyhell: What attracts me in the mix of modernity and tradition. I also like their culture, and in particular, their mangas, their drawings and clothes, their cult of “cute”. I also love their calligraphy. The people are a mix between delicate and brutal, it’s fascinating.
CC: Japan has invaded our culture, it’s a fact.  I’ve recently discovered Babymetal and I’m now a huge fan of that band/concept.


LFdM: Any plan for the future? Where we can follow you in the next months?

Ladyhell: Future is unpredictable, but you can follow us with some ep releases and some concerts…

Thank you guys!


Michela for LFdM

Tracklist:
1. Happy Valentine
2. The Thrill
3. Long Awaited Kiss
4. Japanese Robot Invasion
5. Miss Friday Night
6. Curse of the Crab
7. Just Like Heaven
8. Blood Moon
9. Jasmina
10. Wolfe Inside


LADYHELL - vocals, composer, writer.
CORPUS CHRISTI - guitar, composer.
SEDJEM - live guitar.
NICO DAVEL - live drums

Official Site
Facebook
Twitter
Soundcloud
YouTube

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento